Important - Your Personal Information
Credit decisions and also the prevention of fraud and money laundering - we may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions. When you apply to us for credit facilities, we will check the following records about you and others:
1. Our own;
2. Those at credit reference agencies ("CRAs"). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders that make searches. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information;
3. Those at fraud prevention agencies ("FPAs");
4. If you are a director, we will seek confirmation from CRAs that the residential address that you provide is the same as that shown on the restricted register of directors' usual addresses at Companies House.
We will make checks such as: assessing your application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your credit agreement with us;
5. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted;
6. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention;
7. If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts;
8. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies;
9. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998;
The above is a condensed version of the use of your personal information by us, CRAs and FPAs.
If you would like to read full details of how your data may be used please go to http://www.adamantean.net/homepage-2-2/privacy-policy/ or telephone 020 3858 0161.
The information we collect is used by us to manage your account and to make collections; it is also used to contact you for marketing purposes; it is disclosed by us when legally required to do so at the request of government authorities conducting an investigation;